Feature Request

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:44 PM
I have been browsing the TVDB site and I noticed that they have banners for each season of some shows. Would it be possible for Media Scout to automatically download these banners to their respective season folders? Also, would it be possible for shows with more than one backdrop to add each additional backdrop to a different season folder? For instance, a show like LOST has a ton of backdrops, could Media Scout automatically download one backdrop for me and put it in each season folder so I have a different backdrop for each season? I have been doing this manually myself but it would be great it is was included in the program. Thanks for all your work on this program, it is one of my favorite and most time saving programs!
May 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM
May I ask for a feature too :)

It would be great if the UI let me know it was awaiting on something to load... i.e. Web2.0 swirl in each image and text box area... As with the other post I'm happy to help if you want...

K
Aug 24, 2009 at 7:20 AM

I would like to see some support for Windows 7 Libraries.  I have libraries created for my TV and Movies, as they are stored on different physical drives (7.5TB and counting).  As such I think being able to set my "TV" and "Movies" locations to a Windows 7 Library within the "options" tab, thus allowing me to view all of my TV and movies when browsing said tabs.

Aug 24, 2009 at 7:25 AM

while we're at it, let's support jumplists somehow for MediaScout, as I use it so frequently that it is pinned to my 'superbar'.

feedback? comments?

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Being able to individually assign backdrops and banners for each season is coming up on my to-do list.  I'll be posting a new binary release once I have some more of that in place.

I like the idea of spinners while images are loading so I'll see what I can do.  If you have any suggestions of libraries I can model after, please link me to them.

I'm also using W7 Libraries so I'll put that item on the list of things to look into.  Right now I just want to get MediaBrowser set up so you can really mange the individual collections of a series/season/etc.  I keep all my stuff in one place on the network so I'm affraid it's a little low on the tree at the moment.

What would you be interested in seeing on a jumplist?  Give me some examples.  For those unfamilar with what a jumplist is, http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=16143

And because I didn't know that the officially named Taskbar is commonly referred to as the Superbar ... http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/15/windows-7-superbar-overview