Troubles with some data

Dec 6, 2008 at 6:24 PM
There are a couple of series with reported incomplete data. For example My Own Worst Enemy cannot read the data for episode 7, just reports invalid episode. Extreme Makeover Home does the same with the latest episode.

I know the information exists at least in the Web interface (http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=82122&seasonid=35887&id=411897&lid=7) not sure if the API is replying though.

Scanning My Own Worst Enemy...Fetching MetadataMetadata retrieved. Processing...Processing 'My Own Worst Enemy'Fetching Series PosterFetching Series BannerFound Season 1 (Season 01) Processing Season 1 Fetching Season Poster Processing '01 - Breakdown.avi' S01E01 Breakdown Fetching Episode Poster Processing '02 - The Hummingbird.avi' S01E02 The Hummingbird Fetching Episode Poster Processing '03 - Hello, Henry.avi' S01E03 Hello, Henry Fetching Episode Poster Processing '04 - That Is Not My Son.avi' S01E04 That Is Not My Son Fetching Episode Poster Processing '05 - The Night Train To Moscow.avi' S01E05 The Night Train To Moscow Fetching Episode Poster Processing '06 - High Crimes and Turducken.avi' S01E06 High Crimes and Turducken Fetching Episode PosterInvalid Episode (7): '07 - Down Rio Way.avi'Completed My Own Worst EnemyDone.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:08 PM
No need to appologise, as long as I know, it's no biggie, that fixed it btw. I thought it was strange tht the only request's going out to the web services were for images, and not the show data ;)
Dec 6, 2008 at 11:12 PM
Meant to say, I don't spose you've looked into how Win7 is looking for the data about shows have you?  The thumb's work for the folders, but episode info and pic don't. I know it's not what the tool was originaly written for, but it would be ace for it to have support in it for Win7's video section.
Dec 7, 2008 at 12:35 AM
No I'm on about the Video Library (pics and video) as it now seems to have the ability to show metadata (at least in the interface). I'm not sure if that's only supported on certain media types (WMV etc) or if it will read metafiles of some sort. I suppose until we get a hold of the SDK we might struggle to work it out, may fire up resmon and see what it's looking for.