Solution: Different Languages for TV-Series Processing

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Hi,

I've got TV-series in englisch and german (in some cases even the very same TV-show) and the language switcher at the moment only supports one language at a time. Before I used folders like "<SomeSeriesName> (ger)" and "<SomeSeriesName> (eng)". However as MediaScout renames folders this won't work. Now I use subfolders like "Series/ger/<SomeSeriesName>" and "Series/eng/<SomeSeriesName>". The only thing one needs is two separate MediaScouts. This can be done by the Windows "runas" command (just needs seperate user account with password). Now I have two MediaScouts on the same system which don't interfere (language switching won't work correctly due to caching if there is the same show in two languages).

I never would suggest a feature which allows a per-folder-definition of series and language and another one which allows to create a renaming pattern (or to forbid series name renaming) as this would harm many of the cool features. Just wanted to push this info in case anyone else has this issue.

regards,

Someone