Crashes cause major loss of data

Oct 1, 2010 at 5:03 PM

While I like the layout, and function (though the interface could be a lot more intuitive), since upgrading to the most recent version of the Media Scout software I have been getting multiple crashes that have been causing major loss of software data. And I don't mean just in the xml files or media browser/center.  It removes all mozilla files from the computer AS IF THEY WERE NEVER THERE.

This is the THIRD time I've had to re-install and re-set up all the mozilla software on the computer, and truth be told I'm pretty sick of it. How do I know it's the media scout software you say? Well, seeing as it's the ONLY software aside from Firefox and FileZilla that is installed on the system besides media center, media browser and a codex pack, and it always happens after a Media Scout crash, then I've pretty much nailed it.

I'm not going to use this monstrosity until I can see in the forums that a zillion other people aren't having the crash problem.

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 11:05 AM

please could you mention the detail the version you used and also the operation you performed while the same happened. Also, its been corrected in the preview 3 release. i have personally checked about the loss of data with the release. also, to be on preventive side, strip options routines now moves files to recycle bin instead of deletion.