metadata movie names?

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:12 PM

i dont know if its me but it seems my movies are being renamed fine useing folders but in the mymovies.xml under the "local title" it lists the alternative title from themoviedatabase.org

an example shutter island gets a local title of Ashecliffe.

and forgetting Sarah Marshall gets Non mi scaricare.

i dont see any options.

 

thanks,

Oct 2, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Im getting the same problem, fustrating as hell when pretty much all ya library is mucked up! Have you managed to figure it out?

Oct 2, 2010 at 3:32 PM

i have not yet. i haven't really looked into it but probably will soon. library keeps filling and names are all over the place.

Oct 7, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I've got this problem too, and have seen a few other threads on the same subject. It looks like the xml file with the metadata in it has the <localtitle> set to the wrong language. Not sure how to change it. Haven't seen any settings. Only thing I've found that you can do is manually go in and change the data in that part of the xml file. Not great!

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 10:27 AM

when fetching info from tmdb it returns two title tags for the "en" language code"

<name> 

and 

<alternative_name>

Based on that above tags MediaScout corresponds to following tags.

<name> - original title

<alternative_name> - local title

It certainly isnt a bug, its has been made so that way. But since its causing inconvenience while adding items to the library, its been transformed to the same tag as before, starting with preview 4. i'll try to port the update to preview 3 as well.