Crashing with 3.0 Preview 2 and some bugs

Sep 6, 2010 at 10:19 PM
Edited Sep 6, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Hi! just registered to give feedback for this great software... 

Thanks to the author/s of this app its pretty useful and makes our life easier

just learned about this app a few days ago as a friend copies movies/series from me... and told me that theres a great app for them (xbmc and mediascout)

so basically im just new to this... so bear with me please.

My mediascout crashes whenever I process a folder... at first I dont know why .. tried to reinstall and delete caches and even reformated my pc lol.

but recently I noticed it crashes whenever rename files is checked and when the title of the show has a colon (:) in it... for example CSI : Crime ek ek

is there anything I can do so that the : would not be in the filename/folder when it auto renames it as windows dont allow : in them.

(i just think this is the problem, not sure though)

Its a pain to manually rename them all and its ugly if i dont... 

And 1 more thing... I just noticed that if Seasons get past 10 ... the arrangement on the gui becomes S01 S10 S02 .... hehe... 

it would be better if we can do something about it ^^

I just found a serious bug I think ... I just processed a folder with auto rename on... 

example... 

current filename: the title.avi

filename @db: The Title.avi

what it does currently is delete the old file then copies a new one (BUT cant copy coz he just deleted the source) instead of just renaming.  I lost 2 videos coz of this. QQ

btw the app asks for confirmation if you want to replace the file... yes/no.... 

Thank You!

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2010 at 11:01 AM

renaming of the title to The Title is not a bug as renaming file with same string doest change the actual filename in Windows. so its a remedy just to do that copy and delete the old file.

also special chars problem has been resolved with preview 3.