Cannot process some TV Shows

Aug 15, 2010 at 12:49 PM
Hi, I'm a new user and have just started using v3.0 Preview 2. Really like the software - for me it is just the right balance between simplicity/ease of use and the amount of information stored. I am having one problem with some (not all TV Shows), and wonder if someone can help? It could just be me having configured something wrong. The symptoms are as follows: 1. Right click on TV Show, select "Process". 2. Dialog box appears, called "Search TV Show". It is pre-populated with the name of the show as per the folder structure 3. Click on the "Search" button 4. This has no effect, therefore try a few different spellings, punctuation etc. 5. Still no effect, so click "Cancel" to exit the dialog. 6. Looking in the log, I see the following entries: "Querying TV ID for Friends: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." (The above is an example when querying for "Friends") What I have found is that mostly this seems to affect shows where querying manually in TVDB returns multiple results, whereas shows which only return one result work OK. Unfortunately this does not hold 100% (items below marked * go against the general rule). I have tried the following shows: Work fine: Auf Wiedersehen Pet, Coupling (*), Fawlty Towers (*), Life on Mars, Only Fools and Horses, The Thick of It, Yes Minister, Yes Prime Minister Exhibit problem as described: 24, Drop the Dead Donkey (*), Friends, The Office, Teachers, The X-Files Is anyone able to help? Thanks! Richie
Coordinator
Aug 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM

its the bug. Its been corrected for preview 3.

Aug 15, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Thanks - I'm not in a rush so I'll just wait.