Is mediascout supposed to look like this?

Jul 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM
Edited Jul 28, 2010 at 4:25 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/2nvzblz.jpg http://i31.tinypic.com/2hqe6w6.jpg As you can see, it's see through which isn't very practical. It's not so bad when i disable transparency in Windows 7 but the TV series page still look a mess imho. Also i can;t see what boxes are ticked or unticked in the options screen, they just stay blank no matter what. *edit* just seen the screen-shots on the first page. So i guess it is supposed to look like this? There's still a problem form with the buttons where i'm not able to see what is checked and what isn't.
Coordinator
Jul 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Seems like you have some problem with your windows. MediScout has the option to disable the glass frame, so you dont have disable transparency at windows level. If the options are not working then i guess, you need to disable any programs that creates hooks on application windows

Jul 29, 2010 at 12:42 PM
Thanks for the replies. Yes I seen the option to turn off the glass effect, which makes it better, but I still can't see what boxes are ticked or unticked though, it;s just stays blank whether I tick it or not.
Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 8:29 AM

hard to say what could this problem. Just check you meet the system requirements(.net4, winXP SP3), and everything is installed properly. I have tested the app for win7 only. I'll upload the code with the next release. jut check if you can build it on your machine.

krish

Coordinator
Aug 5, 2010 at 9:28 AM
aeoth wrote:

FWIW, I have the same problem with it, when it gets around the UAC issues.

dont think UAC could cause this. just checked with UAC on my machine, everything seems fine.

Aug 14, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Still have the problem where i cant see what boxes are or aren't ticked.

I have to say, the UI of the older Mediascout is far easier to look at.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2010 at 8:56 AM
berbuck wrote:

Still have the problem where i cant see what boxes are or aren't ticked.

I have to say, the UI of the older Mediascout is far easier to look at.

Just check whether you meet minimum system requirements. I have tested the app on Win7 and .Net 4.0. If thats the case, then I guess you have to wait for MediaScout 4.0, since it has completely new UI.